Monday 30 June 2014

SUNNATUL MUAK-KADAH ITIKAF

I'tikaf of the last ten days of Ramadhan is the only Masnoon I'tikaf. This Masnoon I'tikaf is Sunnatul Muak-kadah alal Kifayah. If a few or even just one person observes this I'tikaf in a particular area/neighbourhood, the duty will be discharged on behalf of the entire community of that locality. On the otherhand, if no one observes this I'tikaf
, the whole community will be guilty of neglecting a Sunnatul Muakkadah obligation. Such neglect is sinful.
(1) The Mu'takif (the one who observes I'tikaf will enter the Musjid before sunset of the 20th day of Ramadhan.
(2) The Mu'takif will remain in the Musjid, until the sighting of the Eid hilal is confirmed.
(3) Niyyat (making intention) is a necessary condition for Masnoon I'tikaf as well.
(4) If the Masnoon I'tikaf is broken or nullified, qadha of it is obligatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *